UPDATE: See this webpage: http://scie.nti.st/2007/8/14/dos-ansi-fonts-in-xterm
Every time I get a new Mac, I always end up losing the line drawing font in X11 for some of the older ANSI apps that I still use. Fortunately I Google search and find the same post that tells me how to do it on Slashdot.
So, I'm tired of having to search for that every time, plus the answer is buried deep in standard Slashdot "First Posts" and other drivel, so hopefully this entry gets picked up by Google for a good simple place to answer the question of: How do I get ANSI line drawing characters in Mac OSX or at least Mac OSX X11?
And the very simple answer, by an anonymous coward who I can never thank enough:
- Go download sabvga.pcf at: http://home.earthlink.net/~us5zahns/enl/ansifont.html
- Place sabvga.pcf in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc
- cd to that dir and run "sudo mkfontdir"
- Fire up X11 in your Utilities folder
- Open an Xterm and run "xtern -fn sabvga"